Emergency: 911
Telecare: 811
Poison: 1-800-565-8161
5850/5980 University Ave., Halifax, NS B3K 6R8

What do I do in an emergency?

I've Got Questions - Resources & Tips

When your child/youth has a mental health or addictions crisis, you have several options. 

If you are in the Halifax Regional Municipality, you can call the Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team. Mobile Crisis provides telephone support 24/7.  They also provide mobile, onsite response between 1 p.m. - 1 a.m. 

Mental Health Mobile Crisis

Phone: 902.429.8167 or 1.888.429.8167

If your child experiences a psychiatric emergency, take them to the nearest emergency department. 

Mobile and Emergency Department staff will help with a post-crisis plan to help you and your child manage long term.