Emergency: 911
Telecare: 811
Poison: 1-800-565-8161
5850/5980 University Ave., Halifax, NS B3K 6R8

Research Facilities - FAQ



How do I get an ID badge or door access to a research space?

You will have to complete an Authorization for Identification Pass – Research form (Form 6810 01/12). Your supervisor is required to sign off and once you have the authorized signatures for door access, bring the form to Research Services to be authorized.


Once reviewed and stamped by Research Services, you will bring the form to the ID office to have the ID issued and door access processed. Research Services authorizes all forms to ensure the appropriate privacy, confidentiality, security and liability standards are met. 

The IWK Health Centre is respected for its world-class research into disorders and diseases affecting women, children, youth and families and is home to many leading research centres. 

Learn more about our research centres by visiting one of the links below.