The IWK Health Centre is committed to providing culturally competent care. Cultural competence recognizes and respects the cultural and personal values of patients, families, staff and all those who interact with the Health Centre.
The IWK is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where diversity is respected, embraced and valued in all that we say and do.
- creating an environment within the Health Centre that is safe, welcoming and inclusive of all persons;
- valuing and respecting a person’s own definition of family;
- developing a workforce that reflects the communities we serve;
- providing ongoing education to our staff, physicians and volunteers to increase cultural competence; and
- ensuring quality care in an approach that is inclusive, collaborative and respectful.
The IWK is committed to working with our diverse communities and ensuring the inclusion of all.Share
Dalhousie University Health Law Seminar Series - A Matter of Survival: Health Rights from the Bottom Up | February 9, 2018