The Read to Me! program presents parents with a bright yellow canvas bag containing books and literacy resources at the hospital bedside within 24 hours of the birth of their baby.
The yellow canvas gift bag contains:
- An award-winning video showing how to read to their baby
- Two high quality baby books
- An invitation to join the public library
- A resource booklet on the importance of reading to babies which includes community literacy resources
- A CD of lullabies and nursery rhymes produced by CBC
- Discount coupons from local booksellers
To learn more about Read to Me!, please visit their website at www.readtome.ca.