Your Visit Reminders
Updated: July 17, 2020 / 02:49 PM
Important reminders for all patients and support people:
- A masking policy and other safety measures are in place.
- The no visitor policy and support person restrictions are still in effect.
- Screening of patients and support people at entrances into the building continues. To streamline patient flow we are asking that patients enter through designated entry points. Signage is in place. The assessment centre is not for building entry screening.
- Patients are asked to report directly to their clinic or care area and not wander through the building or linger.
- Families must arrange for child care ahead of their appointments. Children under the age of 12 should not be coming onsite unless they are patients themselves.
- We understand that screening can lead to delays but it is critically important and we ask for patience. At the current time the average screening time is 10 minutes. However, this can be variable and has the potential to increase with a continuing resumption of service. Allow 15-20 minutes for door screening but please do not arrive too early as physical distancing must be maintained in waiting areas.
- A maximum of two people, or one family/support person unit, will be permitted on elevators. For inpatients who are permitted to have two support people present, all three persons of the same “bubble” are permitted in the same elevator.
- On-site food options may be limited. Those coming in for appointments may want to bring a snack.
- The Emergency Department remains open and this entrance should only be used for patients visiting Emergency.